Business Director International Productions
Stage Entertainment, is one of the world’s largest theatre producers and owners. Originally founded in 1998 by Joop van den Ende, the company today operates 20 world-class theatres in 13 cities in 6 countries and welcomes over 7 million visitors annually. The main geographical focus is on Continental Europe, with local presence and offices in Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy and Russia. In addition, the company runs musical productions in London’s West End and New York City’s Broadway. Leading titles include Disney’s The Lion King and Aladdin, Mamma Mia!, Mary Poppins, and the in-house developed Anastasia and Tina: the Tina Turner Musical.
Stage Entertainment has played a key role in the development and widespread popularity of the musical genre on the European Continent. The rapid growth of the company since its inception has been the result of a drive and passion for theatre embodied by all those working at the group. From the start, Stage Entertainment produces top-quality productions in its network of theatres to create lasting and memorable customer experiences.
Today Stage Entertainment has emerged as one of global industry shapers within the worldwide musical and theatre market. The company is three times the size of anyone of Stage Entertainment’s competitors, has a unique international network of theatres, key strategic partnerships, for example with Disney, a proven track record of self-developed content and a professional business culture.
Stage Entertainment is now recruiting for the new role of Business Director International Productions. Based in Stage Entertainment's head office in Amsterdam, the role will facilitate and coordinate the investment approval process for all our productions and set clear and achievable goals together with the Production Analyst who is the direct report of this role. The successful applicant is the linking pin between the Country teams and the Group Departments in at head office and is responsible for coordinating the investment decision process, the review of all investment proposals and the preparation of the investment committee in which the Board of Directors are seated. He or she is responsible for getting the correct financial data and translating that into an insightful financial business case. This role will report to Dan Hinde, Group Content Director, and works closely together with Group Commercial, International Executive Producers, Group Finance, and Legal.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage the investment approval process from first business case to final decision making and post production evaluation
- Work with the country teams to agree on timelines, plan investment committees with Board of Directors, and drive the process
- Coordinate and manage the business case review process by Group disciplines, make sure that all feedback is gathered and feed this back to country teams
- Keep track of the progress of production programming per country, and report to Group Content Director
- Review submitted business cases, post-production analysis, and all other investment requests from countries (i.e. Sound & Light investment requests) to support decision making on programming and other investments mostly on financials and the way license deal is included.
- Scenario analysis / support license deal negotiations and decision making, work closely with our legal counsel specialized in licensing
- Oversee licensor reporting for all countries, support if needed and maintain licensor relations,
- Preparation of Supervisory Board memos to request for approvals on big license deals
- Prepare and manage the annual budget, monthly Business review and quarterly Forecast programs with relation to the International Production Department including P&L data gathering and review of internal and external shows
- Manage the Production Analyst
- Mange the OPEX (Operational Excellence) process on behalf of the International Production Department
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Relevant University degree
- 5-10 years of experience in Finance (roles)
- Experience in building financial business cases and managing projects
- Experience in licensing, programming or producing theatre in Germany, Spain, France, or the Netherlands is a major plus
- Experience in managing teams to reach defined objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills
- The ability to work successfully across cultures and in an international and fast-paced environment
- Team player who is proactive and self-motivated
- Must be keen and willing to travel
- Comfortable in a corporate environment
- Excellent Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Fluently in Dutch and English (German or any other continental European language)
Please apply via the apply button or send your C.V. and cover letter to Eline Zuurveld (International HR Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org