Group IT Director
Who are we?
Stage Entertainment, is one of the world’s largest theatre producers and owners. Originally founded in 1998 by Joop van den Ende and since November 2018 100% owned by Advance Publications INC. We operate 20 world-class theatres in 13 cities in 6 countries and welcomes over 7 million visitors annually. Stage Entertainment is headquartered in Amsterdam with main geographical focus on Continental Europe, with local presence and offices in Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy and Russia. In addition, we run musical productions in London’s West End and New York City’s Broadway. Leading titles include Disney’s The Lion King and Aladdin, Mamma Mia!, Mary Poppins, and the in-house developed Anastasia and Tina: the Tina Turner Musical.
Stage Entertainment has played a key role in the development and widespread popularity of the musical genre on the European Continent. From the start, Stage Entertainment produces top-quality productions in our network of theatres to create lasting and memorable customer experiences.
We have emerged to one of the global industry shapers within the worldwide musical and theatre market. Our Group is three times the size of anyone of our competitors, has a unique international network of theatres, key strategic partnerships, for example with Disney, a proven track record of self-developed content and a professional innovative business culture.
In today’s era of unprecedented digital transformation & disruption the role of Stage Entertainment’s IT department becomes more and more key. We fully appreciate the strategic relevance of increased digital focus, data driven approach, (digital) consumer orientation and that this requires balanced capability development, covering people & organization, process and technology. From implementing ERP systems within our international group to knowing & understanding consumers’ needs and behavior and having the ability to effectively and efficiently steer the dialogue with consumers across channels and through that monetize the relationship with consumers and partners building innovative information technologies behind and on the scenes. All with the aim to enable Stage Entertainment to operate smoothly and securely and become one of the frontrunners in digital innovation enabling our business to grow even further.
Therefore we are looking for a Group IT Director who will be responsible for creating and executing Stage Entertainment’s worldwide information technology strategy, drive a robust IT innovation agenda at the HQ in Amsterdam and provide global leadership across the Stage Entertainment Group on all IT matters and understanding the role that IT can play in contributing to and driving business strategy.
Will you lead, grow and mentor the IT Community of world’s top Entertainment business ?
At our HQ in Amsterdam the Group IT Director will lead our IT department and will play a central role in Stage Entertainment’s digital innovation programs.
You will create and execute our worldwide IT strategy. This IT strategy is expected to embed our ambition to focus on new ways of working, such as agile development of new ideas in close cooperation with our functional departments, creating an effective enterprise architecture with a digital eco system comprising of a wide variety of global and leading-edge partners and solutions ranking from Google and Microsoft to Spinklr, Workday and Acquia, the implementation of a new ERP system for our finance department and data security.
As Group IT Director you are the main link between the different Stage Entertainment countries, their entities and local IT teams. A partner for the business, building a modern technology vision and strategy and creating the operational model to deploy and support it. You build strong relationships with internal operational entities, their customers and IT / helpdesk teams, making sure the services provided are of quality, profitable and are a business enabler. You will work closely with the management teams at headquarters and the SE countries to align Business and IT in the most optimal way. Herewith ensuring all systems and technology add the maximum value to facilitate the continued success and growth of Stage Entertainment.
What do we offer?
- Freedom to build the IT strategy and lead and innovate the IT Community of Stage Entertainment
- Have a leading role at a key position within our international Group, with a data driven approach and focus on digital innovation
- Dealing with a wide landscape of various functions and stakeholders
- Competitive remuneration
- A lot of fun!
As a Group IT Director you will be responsible for:
- Defining and executing a vision and strategy for our group-wide IT environment, including: procurement, data centers, client services, suppliers, security, networking and communications
- Creating, as well as executing an implementation plan for managing the transition to the vision
- Increase and share innovation. Naturally keep ahead of the latest trends that emerge within and outside of the industry, continuously horizon-scanning and exploring those that may benefit the organization
- Ensuring that all local IT teams – of in total [ ] people - are aligned to the vision and strategy of the SE group
- Ensure platforms and systems are fit for purpose, secure, reliable, efficient and scalable, maximizing technology investment
- Maximize access of data to benefit the organization and its customers, and support the creation and evolution of customer-centric multi-channel solutions.
- Build a strong partner network, including selecting partners and making decisions on sourcing models (inhouse, outsourced partnerships, offshore options, etc).
- Build an IT team that is agile and responsive to business needs.
- Oversee large programmes of work resulting in business transformation. Prioritization and demand-planning will be your second-nature, as will project and programme oversight, particularly ERP and CRM systems delivery and adoption.
- Having a deep understanding of the IT industry and the implications of emerging technologies for the wider business environment
- Demonstrating clear leadership and the ability to motivate, influence and persuade. Having a broad understanding of all aspects of IT and deep understanding of own specialism(s) (infrastructure)
- Understanding and communicating the role and impact of IT in the organization and promote compliance with relevant legislation
- Technology is a fast, paced, complex and ambiguous environment. An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines is important.
Are you our new Group IT Director?
- More than 10 years of experience in IT lead role
- Academic and analytical mindset
- Technology leadership from strategy definition, to prioritization, to delivery.
- A proven track record of experience working in technology environments with technical and non-technical people
- People-management skills coupled with strong communication skills which are essential in technology management across the global teams
- Leadership and re-shaping a team in an effective, high-performing centralized group function.
- Experience of taking responsibility for the development and support of customer-facing technology, as well as corporate systems and infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills will allow you to interact confidently and successfully with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of IT and especially complex projects, including: research and analysis, developing strategic directions, devising action plans
- An experience of working on large scale global/international projects with challenging timelines
- Experienced in covering technical, financial (budgets) and quality aspects
- Excellent written communication demonstrating good presentation skills, attention to detail and preparation, mastery of English language and grammar.
If you’re strategic, innovative, a credible relationship builder, commercially aware and delivery focused please connect with us!