Group Tax Manager
Group Tax Manager (40 hours per week hybrid)
Stage Entertainment is one of the world’s largest musical theatre producers and owners. We have offices and own theatres across Europe and produce some of the biggest titles in musical theatre. Our international show portfolio ranges from iconic titles such as Mamma Mia!, Chicago, Lazarus, Disney’s The Lion King and Aladdin to originally developed work from within the group such as Anastasia and Tina – The Tina Turner Musical, a wide variety of shows that excite broad audiences from London to New York, from Madrid to Hamburg, and from Amsterdam to Paris. ‘Touching hearts, creating memories’ is our mission and with around 2,000 brilliant, talented, diverse individuals worldwide we deliver a premium experience to those +7 million people who visit a Stage Entertainment production or venue each year.
We live, breathe and dream live entertainment, are connected by a shared passion and put our heart and soul into everything we do. We respect everyone’s talents and embrace our differences and the unique role we each play in the bigger team. Regardless of who you are or where you are from. We bring people together. That is at the heart of everything we do. When we create, produce or perform.
Stage Entertainment is part of Advance Publications, Inc., an American media company. Directly and through various subsidiaries, the group owns Discovery Channel, Condé Nast, and is the majority shareholder in Reddit.
As a leading company we have the unique combination of sophisticated creative and business capabilities, while we keep pace with change, always explore new directions and look for ways to improve and innovate.
Are you our new Group Tax Manager who shares our passion and dares to challenge and likes to be challenged?
Based in Amsterdam and reporting into the Group CFO, the Group Tax manager will manage the Group’s tax affairs by having overall responsibility and oversight of all Group tax matters.
Specific tax responsibilities will encompass all direct & indirect tax planning, research, reporting and compliance matters, as well as tax support to the business on all operational matters.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the Group’s tax compliance and external reporting requirements. With external service providers and internal finance teams, ensure accurate and timely filing of all relevant tax returns in all jurisdictions; prepare the tax calculations for the Group financial statements and the Group financial statements of the shareholder for all Stage Entertainment legal entities
- Manage the Group’s intercompany relationships and ensure that at all times these relationships meet the arm’s length principle. Ensure existing transfer pricing documentation is kept up to date, or new documentation is created to support all intercompany relationships if challenged by tax authorities.
- Provide tax support to the business and tax team of the shareholder and provide tax advice for ongoing projects. Provide tax support to all other business activities, structures, and commercial transaction by identifying and evaluating alternatives and recommending solutions. Manage withholding taxes;
- Support country FD’s in interfacing with tax authorities in countries where the Group operates (with external advisor support); including co-ordination of tax audits, negotiation of tax issues, filing of appeals, and directing litigation as required.
- Monitor changes in tax legislation, rulings, and regulations and understand the relevant impact by ultimately recommending and implementing responsive action to existing positions. Communicate impact of tax law/accounting changes on business operations, and lead change efforts to ensure compliance. Effectively manage relationships with outside tax advisors, internal and external auditors, and tax authorities;
- Ensure continuous financial compliance with Group processes as well as promote
- Proactively manage the Group’s effective tax rate and the adequacy of the Group’s current and deferred income tax provisions;
- Proactively manage the legal entity structure and develop recommendations to improve tax efficiency and operational flexibility. Assist in setting up new entities / closing entities as required;
- Provide tax support to due diligence and planning efforts related to decisions on structuring asset/entity acquisitions, disposals and international joint ventures;
- Master degree in Dutch tax law or economics, with a few years post-qualified experience working in an international tax environment, preferably within a big 4 combined with a few years of experience as inhouse tax counsel
- Excellent tax accounting and reporting skills (mainly on an IFRS basis, but some knowledge of US GAAP would be an advantage);
- Knowledge of VAT legislation or willingness to develop this;
- Excellent knowledge of international tax principles, ability to apply tax treaties and transfer pricing legislation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Excellent project management and project ownership skills;
- Willingness to proactively identify issues and work to a solution;
- Hands-on personality and flexibility to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-changing environment
- Proven track record of working with senior management and internal stakeholders/customers who have competing priorities;
What is in it for you?
- You will make a big impact and work in a diverse, passionate and international team that is full of co-creation and expertise to deliver the best performance
- An inspirational, exciting, inclusive work environment with flexibility to also work remotely, eg from home
- We take your development seriously and offer a.o. online trainings via our Next Stage Campus
- A competitive salary package and employment conditions.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated