Stage Entertainment is one of the world’s largest musical theatre producers and owners. We have offices and own theatres across Europe and produce some of the biggest titles in musical theatre. Our international show portfolio ranges from iconic titles such as Mamma Mia!, Chicago, Lazarus, Disney’s The Lion King and Aladdin to originally developed work from within the group such as Anastasia and Tina – The Tina Turner Musical, a wide variety of shows that excite broad audiences from London to New York, from Madrid to Hamburg, and from Amsterdam to Paris. ‘Touching hearts, creating memories’ is our mission and with around 2,000 brilliant, talented, diverse individuals worldwide we deliver a premium experience to those +7 million people who visit a Stage Entertainment production or venue each year.
We live, breathe and dream live entertainment, are connected by a shared passion and put our heart and soul into everything we do. We respect everyone’s talents and embrace our differences and the unique role we each play in the bigger team. Regardless of who you are or where you are from. We bring people together. That is at the heart of everything we do. When we create, produce or perform.
Stage Entertainment is part of Advance Publications, Inc., an American media company. Directly and through various subsidiaries, the group owns Discovery Channel, Condé Nast, and is the majority shareholder in Reddit.
As a leading company we have the unique combination of sophisticated creative and business capabilities, while we keep pace with change, always explore new directions and look for ways to improve and innovate.
Are you our new Junior Controller who shares our passion and dares to challenge and likes to be challenged?
Overview of the team
The role reports to the Business Controller with dotted functional lines to the Financial Controller (for accounting and audit) and the Venues Director.
Overview of the role
As Junior Controller you will be responsible for creating and sharing insights in (financial) performance the company.
The role has three key pillars:
Business Control & Financial Control/Reporting
-for shows outside Continental Europe ONLY-
- Prepare Budgets and Forecasts for all entities and activities
- Support with the preparation of the Monthly Business Review Presentation
- Support Business Productions Director with preparation, review and challenge Capex and Opex requests
- Liaise with the external (show) accounting companies regarding accounting of actuals
- Prepare and report the monthly financials (for consolidation purposes)
- General support
(noted should be that this does not include Stage Entertainment UK)
- Support the Venues Director in managing the Venues
- Prepare in-depth analysis of business performance including identification of areas to improve
- Support preparation, review and challenge Capex and Opex requests
- Ensure robust (financial) processes and controls
- Formalize and share best practices
- Support of the internal and external audits
- This is specifically for the activities outside Continental Europe but in addition also for the Group audit
The combination of the above activities results in that this role has a very broad engagement and view on the business hence a great opportunity to get to know Stage Entertainment.
Split of Time
The actual split of time between the various responsibilities will vary during the year depending on deliverables and business priorities.
The preferred profile of the candidate should have:
- Master’s degree in economic studies ;
- Between 3-5 years relevant working experience (preferable business control);
- Advanced Excel skills are a must (knowledge of working formulas, pivot tables with get pivot data, index & sum-index, index match i.e.);
- Energetic team player and clear communicator;
- Hands-on, pro-active and pragmatic;
- Attention to detail with a passion for quality;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written).
What is in it for you?
- You will make a big impact and work in a diverse, passionate and international team that is full of co-creation and expertise to deliver the best performance
- An inspirational, exciting, inclusive work environment with flexibility to also work remotely, eg from home
- We take your development seriously and offer a.o. online trainings via our Next Stage Campus
- And you will get a competitive salary package and employment conditions.
- Do you own your actions and take responsibility for results, dare to challenge and like to be challenged and you do this by putting your heart and soul in it? Then we are looking for YOU!