Content Development Manager
Stage Entertainment, is one of the world’s largest theatre producers and owners. Originally founded in 1998 by Joop van den Ende, the company today operates 20 world-class theatres in 13 cities in 6 countries and welcomes over 7 million visitors annually. The main geographical focus is on Continental Europe, with local presence and offices in Germany, Spain, The Netherlands, France, Italy and Russia. In addition, the company runs musical productions in London’s West End and New York City’s Broadway. Leading titles include Disney’s The Lion King and Aladdin, Mamma Mia!, Mary Poppins, and the in-house developed Anastasia and Tina: the Tina Turner Musical.
Stage Entertainment has played a key role in the development and widespread popularity of the musical genre on the European Continent. The rapid growth of the company since its inception has been the result of a drive and passion for theatre embodied by all those working at the group. From the start, Stage Entertainment produces top-quality productions in its network of theatres to create lasting and memorable customer experiences.
Today Stage Entertainment has emerged as one of global industry shapers within the worldwide musical and theatre market. The company is three times the size of anyone of Stage Entertainment’s competitors, has a unique international network of theatres, key strategic partnerships, for example with Disney, a proven track record of self-developed content and a professional business culture.
Stage Entertainment is now recruiting for the new role of Content Development Manager. Based in Stage Entertainment's London or Amsterdam office, the role will provide support for the international senior management content team to strategically source product worldwide for Stage Entertainment’s expanding content pipeline. The successful applicant will work closely with Tali Pelman, Group Creative Managing Director and Dan Hinde, Group Content Director, to identify, pursue and secure key musical titles for future programming across the Stage Entertainment group.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Pro-actively scouting shows across North America, the UK, Europe and beyond
• Assessing shows and submissions for programming across the Stage Entertainment group, and writing in-depth reports for international senior management
• Upgrading, professionalising and maintaining the Content Database
• Reviewing investment opportunities in third party productions as required
• Supporting on key strategic relationships with content providers, such as for example regional producing theatres in the UK and US, with a view to increasing the product pipeline
• Supporting the Content and Creative directors in license negotiations and co-production agreements as needed related to content licensing or investment.
• Working closely with the Commercial director to support analysis and evaluation of shows under consideration for programming, including involvement in market research.
• Acting as a resource for the country teams as needed in evaluating relevancy and strength of titles for their markets
• Representing the Content Team at Readings/workshops and Industry Events worldwide as needed
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
• Significant experience in the theatre industry, with demonstrable experience in producing, general managing, programming, or licensing commercial productions internationally
• Experience in scouting, licensing, programming or producing theatre in Germany, Spain, France, or the Netherlands a major plus
• Interest in understanding live entertainment trends and consumer behaviour in international markets including continental Europe.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills.
• The ability to work successfully across cultures and in an international and fast-paced environment.
• Team player who is proactive and self-motivated.
• Strong network in the theatre industry.
• Must be keen and willing to travel extensively
• Comfortable in a corporate environment.
• Languages a plus (German or any other continental European language)
Please apply via the apply button below or send your C.V. and cover letter to Eline Zuurveld (International HR Manager) email@example.com