International Marketing Manager
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Stage Entertainment is one of the world’s largest musical theatre producers and owners. We have offices and own theatres across Europe and in New York and produce some of the biggest titles in musical theatre. Our international show portfolio ranges from iconic titles such as Mamma Mia!, Chicago, Lazarus, Disney’s The Lion King and Aladdin to originally developed work from within the group such as Anastasia and Tina – The Tina Turner Musical, a wide variety of shows that excite broad audiences from London to New York, from Madrid to Hamburg, and from Amsterdam to Paris. ‘Touching hearts, creating memories’ is our mission and with 3,000 brilliant, talented, diverse individuals worldwide we deliver a premium experience to those 10 million people who visit a Stage Entertainment production or venue each year.
We live, breathe and dream live entertainment, are connected by a shared passion and put our heart and soul into everything we do. We respect everyone’s talents and embrace our differences and the unique role we each play in the bigger team.
As a leading company we have the unique combination of sophisticated creative and business capabilities, while we keep pace with change, always explore new directions and look for ways to improve and innovate.
Are you our International Marketing Manager who shares our passion and dares to challenge and likes to be challenged?
Overview of the Group Commercial Team
- Build long term relationships with our theatre visitors by engaging with them across digital channels & touch points in a highly personalized and relevant way
- Earn recognition as the live entertainment brand that delivers a premium experience
The Group Commercial function is a Centre of Excellence that covers Sales & Marketing, Digital Eco-system & Digital Transformation and Business Analytics & Optimization and reflects the strategic relevance of being data driven, consumer oriented and digital focused.
The role of the Group Commercial team is to provide state of the art business processes & tools, technology & systems, expertise & benchmarking to enable countries to innovate, maximise revenues and optimise cost. The Group Commercial team also plays a crucial role in monitoring and governing commercial performance across all countries; reporting performance to senior leadership and driving specific initiatives into the markets to improve commercial results.
The way the Group Commercial function operates is based on the 'One Company' philosophy of intensive global/local collaboration, co-creation and synergies, with a closely-knit international Commercial expert community.
Overview of the International Marketing Manager
Living in an era of unprecedented digital transformation today’s competitive edge in the Commercial domain is knowing and understanding consumers’ needs, their behavior and having the ability to effectively and efficiently steer the dialogue with them across channels.
The role is a commercially focussed role with the ultimate aim of consistently increasing marketing ROI. This will be done through improved consumer reach, engagement through compelling storytelling, conversion and lifetime value.
The role will be based in the Netherlands alongside the core of the Group Commercial team and will report to the Group Commercial Director.
Regular travel will be needed, in particular to Germany, Spain, France, Spain, the UK and the USA to work in detail with the local teams and build relationships with key stakeholders.
Key responsibilities/ Focus area’s
- Drive global customer intelligence and ‘voice of the customer’ thinking through group-wide approaches for concept testing, customer & market segmentation and customer journey development.
- Manage brand marketing strategy & governance of strategic IP across the Group;
- Support markets with toolkits and guidance on show positioning, creative concepts, storytelling, brand traits, visual identity and tonality;
- Manage cross-territory and cross-agency orchestration & review.
- Oversee global and local agencies’ creative strategy, content deployment and brand engagement;
- Provide training to local marketing teams on content strategy;
- Maximize impact of advertising by deploying group-wide approaches for testing and tracking of campaigns, creative concepts and key messaging.
- Drive media efficiency by deploying Group-wide media auditing and media agency review;
- Drive media effectiveness by deploying Group-wide media benchmarking, media trend analysis and media channel mix modelling in close cooperation with the markets.
Coordination and collaboration
- Develop Group-wide processes, standards, KPI’s and metrics;
- Provide relevant advice, support, insights and dashboards to local teams;
- Foster learning across the Group through cross-market collaboration and innovation initiatives, sharing of best practices and building a community of internal and external subject matter experts;
- Work closely with functional leads from areas such as Sales, Business Intelligence, Digital Technology and Digital Transformation, Business Development, Operational Excellence and Finance.
- Have around 5 years of work experience (preferably in an international B2C environment)
- Have in-depth experience with full spectrum branding and marketing, (digital) media, content creation and management of marketing/media/advertising agencies
- Have a strong commercial acumen with a proven track record of driving impact and business results
- Have a combination of strong creative mindset and analytics skills
- Have interpersonal skills to develop strong relationship between group and local countries
- Have experience of working with different cultures and working across multiple countries
- Have a Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Have a mother tongue / fluency in Dutch and English – working knowledge of German will be a plus
- Are willing to travel across Europe and the U.S.
Do you own your actions and take responsibility for results, dare to challenge and like to be challenged and you do this by putting your heart and soul in it? Then we are looking for You!